Thursday, May 14, 2009

Preparing for India

I can't believe that I am already done with my first year in college. If college goes by this fast every year, I will be done with school in no time!

Now that school is finished, I have all my time to prepare for India. Learning how to use this blog, making toiletry runs to Target, and getting my prescription for Larium, as well as many other tasks, will fill the hours of the coming week. I can physically prepare myself by making a to do list and crossing everything off as I complete it, but mental preparation isn't as easy. When I traveled to India last year I could not believe the devastating level of poverty before my eyes. What singles me out as special, that I am able to live my privileged life in America while so many people in India live in the slums? I have found no answer to this question, and I am sure it is a question that will fill my mind once again when I return to India.

Updates about the project to come.

No comments: