Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Countdown to an Adventure

It's Wednesday's morning, 5:17am. Minutes ago, I uncharacteristically awoke from a deep sleep in the complete darkness of my room. I then proceeded to simply lay in my bed, trying but failing to go back to sleep. My mind was too busy with the prospect of my up-coming adventure: ten weeks of living, learning, and serving in India.

In just seven short days, my USC Global Impact friends and I will embark on what will truly be an adventure of a lifetime. The excitement within me is almost beyond words. I mean, this excitement got a college student like myself to willingly wake up even before the sun got up! So, here I am: sitting at my desk in the calm of my plain Los Angeles apartment, writing with an Indiana Jones-like excitement for this up-coming adventure to the exotic lands of India.

What excites me about this summer is knowing that I will be fully immersed by a whole new culture, people, and lifestyle all the way on the other side of the globe. What excites me is the opportunity to truly experience and grow from the "most beautiful and most ugly" place in the world. What excites me is the chance to pursue my life passion for creating meaningful change in the lives of others through social entrepreneurship.

Mostly however, what excites me most is knowing that when I write in this blog seven days after all is said and done, I will have gone on an adventure that profoundly changed who I am.

No comments: